Blue Ridge Home Consultants conducts various tests that can be done in conjunction with our inspections. One very important item to test for in a home, new or old, is testing for an odorless, invisible, and tasteless gas called Radon. This is a 48 hour test that is performed by the inspector leaving a small Radon reading device inside the home.
RADON IS DANGEROUS
Radon is a carcinogenic gas that is hazardous to inhale. Build-up of radon in homes is a health concern and many lung cancer cases are attributed to radon exposure each year.
Testing is the only way to find out your home’s radon levels. EPA and the Surgeon General recommend testing all homes at the lowest level for radon. If you find that you have high radon levels, there are ways to mitigate a radon problem, as the radon gas is trapped inside your home.